My Journey Back To Natural!

Sharing my adventures (and everything along the way) as I get reacquainted with my lovely, naturally curly/frizzy/kinky/gloriously gravity defying hair.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Growth Check.....THREE YEARS!!!!!

03/01/2009
 
03/13/2010


03/05/2011

03/01/2012
Welp, mission accomplished!  I have enjoyed my tenure here on blogger in my little blog corner.  The things I have learned via other bloggers and vloggers have undoubtedly helped me along my merry way.  I have settled into a groove with my hair....and I like that.  Sometimes we still don't get along, especially on wash days, but that's ok.  I'd rather spend the extra time and love taking care of my strands than to have every last one of them rebel and just jump ship.  That wouldn't be cute.  o____O

My current products and routine:

Wash - Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Shampoo
Detangle - Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Detangling solution
Leave In Conditioner - Kinky Curly Knot Today mixed with Jojoba oil, or extra virgin olive oil or sweet almond oil....any of those work (the Moroccan Oil is on an indefinite hiatus 'cuz my pockets don't like the price.....)
Daily moisture/sealant - Jane Carter Solutions Leave In & Nourish and Shine
Styles - twists, twists, and twists (love 'em)
Heat - the devil...oh yes, I always knew this, but I will not even be using heat even twice a year anymore :(
Night - still rocking the satin scarf to protect my hair when I sleep

While I won't be shutting down my blog, I won't be posting regularly either as I just don't have the time.  I will be checking in on my favs though from time to time (hi JC).  Thanks so much to everyone who has taken the time to read my thoughts, post comments and appreciate what I've done here.  If even one person learned something from reading something that I've posted, that's awesome.

See ya 'round....
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Your hair is amazing. I've been following you, silently, since I went natural nearly 2 years ago, you were the first person to reach out to me on my little blog for which I thank you very much. I will continue to stop by as I have learnt loads from you. Take care beautiful lady!

    Shaz (aka NaturalGoldilocks)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shaz ~ Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by. Amazing color by the way, your hair looks awesome :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm gonna miss seeing all your pics, but i TOTALLY understand not having the time. ;-) congrats on your awesome journey, you look fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete